Workers’ Compensation Trusts
Gross Shuman Brizdle & Gilfillan, P.C. represents members, trustees, third-party administrators, self-insured groups and individual self insureds in connection with New York Self-Insured Workers' Compensation Trusts. This representation includes:
- Defending Trust members against lawsuits by the Workers' Compensation Board to collect assessments;
- Prosecuting lawsuits against Trust Administrators for wrongful acts causing financial damages to Trusts;
- Defending former Trustees against claims alleging the Trustees were responsible for Trust financial losses;
- Defending Insurance Agents and Brokers against claims by former members;
- Counseling members, Trustees, Trusts and Insurance Agents and Brokers regarding contractual, statutory and common law obligations, duties and responsibilities;
- Counseling Trusts in winding down their operations;
- Counseling Trusts regarding their rights to recover from reinsurers/stop-loss insurers;
- Counsel Trustees and Insurance Agents and Brokers regarding Insurance Coverage issues under Errors and Omissions and Directors and Officers policies.
For more information or to schedule an appointment with an experienced lawyer, please contact us.